Officer/Senior Officer, Water
Title: Officer/Senior Officer, Water
Reports to: Manager, Water
• Develops and Implements project plans todemonstrate conservation best practice of sustainable use of wetland andbiodiversity conservation in Yellow Sea Eco-region.
• Be the task force forprojects related to wetland and biodiversity conservation and sustainable useof wetland, e.g. managing budget, preparing reports, etc.;
• Works with localgovernments, research institutes and partners to implement biodiversityconservation activities and wetland management.
• Work with local governments, communitiesand other partners to develop and introduce best practices and raiseconservation awareness.
• Collaborate with Public EngagementDepartment on communication activities to demonstrate and promote conservationbest practices.
• Maintains and develops partner relationship with government, NGOs and research institute forwetland and migratory birds;
• Fulfills any otherrelated tasks required by the supervisor.
• At least3 years’relevant working or researching experience;
• University degree (Master’s degree preferred)in biology, ecology or environment science;
• Good knowledge of the wetland conservation in China and sustainable development issues;
• Strong coordination,management and communication skills (spoken, reading and written (English andChinese).
• Creative and outgoingpersonality, with a deep commitment to nature conservation.
• Good computer skills (MSOffice, Email, Internet)
• Ability to quickly adaptto new assignments and developments.
• Good multi-tasking skills
This position focuses on the wetland and flyway in Yellow SeaEco-region, currently including two main sites, Chongming Dongtan and anotherwetland to confirm soon in Northern part of YSE.
For the Chongming Dongtan part, this staff needs to frequentlycontact with project financial officer and communication staff in the flywayprogramme (later in the water practice), and also needs to occasionally contactwith other WWF China programme, officers and teams when needed. For theNorthern YSE part, (s)he will work closely with WWF-HK.
Furthermore Programme officer will closely contact withdonors/funding agencies, government officials, research institutions anduniversities. And the programme officer needs to frequently contact with otheragencies and offices in WWF network.