Term of Reference
Position Partnership Manager
Report to: Director of Partnership and Development Director, Partnership and Development Department, WWF China
This position is responsible for driving the development and execution of partnership programs of WWF as well as providing support and coaching to an assigned territory of operated corporate products/business models while working as a liaison for the organization; implementing partnership engagement and strategies and activity plans with the corporate sector in China.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Executes the organization’s strategic plan and marketing/operational performance standards
· Creates/ develops partnership program with clear sales strategy and repeatable process for recruiting qualified leads in high-priority markets to meet fundraising goals
· Evaluates success of existing programs/business models to define criteria for recruiting successful programs/business models
· Develops partnerships with franchising trade groups, associations, conferences, and online platforms to test and measure programs through those channels
· Develops co-marketing partnerships that might be brought into the funnel and create a high-touch client service experience with all partners
· Develops WWF projects/products to expand market and grow support from the corporate sector while building WWF reputation on business engagement among the business community to increase their support
· Conducts operational reviews and evaluations including assisting the product/projects in maintaining WWF brand requires via identifying business opportunities and finding solutions to sales and cost controls
· Provides strategic operational support in the areas of service standards; product quality control; training; safety
· Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned in response to changing business conditions and/or requirements and support high-level engagement of practice heads benefiting WWF China’s conservation and fundraising goals.
· Manages fundraising events and ensure quality and promptness in deliverables of sponsorship/partnership, including plan and organize corporate field visits and staff engagement activities;
· Assist project/products with developing and maintaining a capital plan to meet all progress and growth responsibilities as well as ensures operational programs are successfully implemented.
1. Internal: Report to the Director of Partnership and Development. Close collaboration with the WWF-China Practice teams and the Public Engagement team. Work closely with the WWF International Corporate Engagement and Fundraising teams and Corporate Partnership / Marketing managers in the WWF Network.
2. External: WWF corporate partners, foundations, fundraising platforms, third party agencies related to CSR and fundraising, high profile individuals who are interested in contributing to conservation, etc.
· University degree required, graduate degree is a plus;
· At least 10 years of work experience in engagement with businesses on corporate social responsibility, corporate relations management, marketing and fundraising; experience within franchise industry and long term working experience in an environmental NGO is an advantage;
· Ability to take an overview of all aspects of a corporate relationship, comprehensive understanding of business processes in the corporate sector especially on franchise business model, corporate social responsibility, marketing and business development, external communications and account management.
· High level of competence in project management, communications, marketing /corporate and public relations communications. Excellent ability to work cross-culturally, proposal writing, and information management;
· Excellent strategic and innovative skills to translate ideas into deliverables;
· High-level negotiation as well as interpersonal and influencing skills, and the capacity to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels in the business;
· Excellent inter-personal skills, and team building skills including ability to transfer skills, supervise and network ability to think strategically, self-motivated and innovative and meet deadlines
· Budgeting and people management experience with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to leading a team and working as part of a team;
· Must display strong analytical and organizational skills and have the ability to identify and implement process improvement strategies with positive business results
· Must have strong work ethics and a high level of confidentiality to ensure proper handling of sensitive information
· Fluent written and oral communication skills both in Mandarin and English.;
· The ability to present information clearly and accurately to a range of audiences including corporate partners, the media and senior management of WWF;
· A clear understanding of the role and culture of non-governmental organizations and an interest in and commitment to environmental and conservation issues;
· Ability to work under pressure in a changing environment;
· Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.