Programme Manager, Governance
Position: Programme Manager, Governance
Report to: Director of Policy
Location: Beijing Office
1. Lead the policy advocacy work on promoting integration of the concept of one-plant-living in macro-economic policy of China;
2. Maintain and build partnerships with key stakeholders to raise WWF’s profile in related public policy areas;
3. Initiate and develop high-quality proposals for effective fundraising ;
4. Design workplan and make sure the annual technical and financial objectives met on time;
5. Act as the focal point on related policy issues both internally and externally, including but not limited to Living Planet Report, green economy, national five-year plan, etc. ;
1. Maintain and develop partnerships with relevant governmental departments, academia and think-tanks, companies, CSOs and the private sectors;
2. Regularly monitor and report the advocacy progress with an impact-oriented vision;
3. Prepare high-quality policy papers and act as the technical resource on ecological footprint, green economy, as well as other related policy issues as assigned by the supervisor;
4. Effectively communicate and coordinate with other conservation teams and relevant WWF programs/offices to sustain a cooperative relationship;
5. Participate in conferences and workshops to promote the related policy asks and raise profile and influence of the office within and outside WWF;
6. Timely implement the annual work plan and budget through efficient project management;
7. Manage partners/consultants contracts to ensure the compliance with laws and WWF’s internal policies;
8. Initiate and develop project proposals, and assist the supervisor on fundraising and project designing;
9. Provide daily and technical coach to junior team members;
10. Other tasks allocated by the supervisor.
• Report to the Director of Policy and work closely with the rest of the policy team;
• Regular interaction with other members of the other conservation teams, communication and operation teams in WWF China, as well as counterparts in related offices.
• Regular interactions with project partners, government officials, other NGOs, local communities, donors, etc.
1. Minimum of 7-10 years working experiences with 3-5 years in related areas (policy, sustainable development)
2. A master’s degree in a relevant discipline (environmental science, sustainable development) is preferred.
3. Expertise and knowledge of ecological footprint, green economy and relevant policy topics
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English.
5. High level of competence in project management, partnership development, communications, marketing /corporate and public relations communications.
6. Excellent ability to work cross-culturally, proposal writing, policy analysis and information management.
7. Excellent inter-personal skills, and team work skills including ability to internal communication, open mind strategic think, self-motivated and innovative and meet deadlines.
8. Good understanding of principles of related program.
9. Proactive, innovative and output-oriented personality.
• Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to email@example.com.
• Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.