Program Manager, Markets
Program Manager, Markets
Title: Program Manager, Markets
Reports to: Practice Head, Markets
Supervises: 3-5 officers orsenior officers who work on Sustainable Supply Chain.
1. Overallmanagement responsibility for all projects and staffs to implement MarketsStrategy on Sustainable Supply Chain that is one of the two main components ofthe Practice, includes:
1). Successfulimplementation and development of Markets Practice through establishing andrunning alliances, such as China Sustainable Seafood Alliance, ChinaSustainable Palm Oil Alliances and platforms for responsible meat and soy thatcan contribute to deforestation free in Indonesia and in South America.
2). Raising fundsfor these Alliances and platforms.
3). Building a team to run these Alliances and platforms.
2. Liaise and manage to strengthen relationswith government, partners, other NGOs, donors and associate committees to effectivelymanage the Alliances and platforms.
3. Assist and coordinate with all relevant Practicesof WWF China to develop and implement market transformation for conservationthrough sustainable supply chain approach.
4. Manage the workplan and budget for the projects associated to supply chain management, monitorand evaluate to ensure the delivery of committed conservation results andimpacts.
5. Liaise theinternal collaboration across the projects as relevant to the achievement ofthe programme conservation strategic goals and action plans.
6. Strengthens theproject communications and collaboration within or out of WWF China.
1. Maintain anddevelop partnership network with local governmental departments, localcommunities, consultants, academic institutions, companies, other NGOs, andother international organizations.
2. Lead thecollection, analysis, coordination, production and dissemination ofcommunication documentations for the Market Practices to promote and profile the programme within or out ofWWF, including:
1). Regularly programmenews updates
2). Programmeprofiles, Q and As, issue papers, achievement highlights and briefs
3). Programme information for WWF connect
4). And other documentsas appropriate
3. Small team (about3-5 people) leadership with an ability to think strategically, creatively andlaterally.
4. Adequateinterpersonal skills, ability to work in a team with other staff in achievingcommon goals and ability to work hard and meet deadlines.
5. Responsible forthe projects that closely collaboratewith Markets with supply chain issues or business engagement fortransformation.
6. Keeps abreast oftrends and developments in sustainable production and supply/value chains.
7. Perform othertasks as requested by line managers and department directors.
9. Coordinate andsupport Practice Head to fulfilpeoplemanagement and coach focus on talent development and competency development ofstaffs.
10. Coordinate andsupport Practice Head to makeAIM review and communication one by one with team members.
1. Internal:Primary supervisor is Head of Markets Practice. Lead team members who work onSustainable Supply Chain. Regularly contact with other managers or colleaguesin other Practices that relevant to supply chain management. Occasionallycontact with other members WWF Programme, PDD and PED, ODD departments, andOperation teams.
2. External:Regular interaction with target companies, donor partners, local communities, governmentagencies, civil societies in China and international NGOs and medias.
1. Master degree in business and food area ispreferred.
2.At least 8 yearsexperiences in related area.
3. Good relationship with local industryassociations in food and retail sectors.
4. Good communication skills, communicateeffectively and efficiently.
5. Proactive, innovative and output-oriented personality with goodcommunication skills.
6. Good command ofEnglish. Excellent English and Chinese in writing, speaking, and reading.
7. Willingness toupdate professional knowledge and skills.
8. Excellent interpersonal,diplomatic skills and good team worker.
9. Strong projectmanagement skills, results orientation.
10. Experience ofworking in an international context and the ability to respect and work wellwith people from different cultures and backgrounds.
11. Adheresto WWF’s values.
1. Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in Englishand Chinese email@example.com.
2. Please indicatethe applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them inattachment.