Program Officer, Forest
Title: Program Officer, Forest
Reports to: Program Manager, Forest
1. Promote responsible forestry in China, particularly in the plantation and semi-natural working forests that supply China’s pulp and paper, and timber sector, by utilizing pilot projects and strategic engagement in key geographies to demonstrate best forest management practices.
2. Contribute to enhance the recognition of forest certification and its influences in WWF’s priority places in China.
3. Act as a center of expertise in support of plantations-related issues for the Forest Program in China, and support the design, coordination, and implementation of WWF forest program, especially on plantations.
4. Serve as project manager for donor-supported plantations projects, coordinating with other members of the Forest Program to lead work planning and timely implementation of activities, monitoring and oversight of progress, reporting to and communicating with donors.
5. Develop program contracts to partners/consultants following WWF’s regulations, and timely prepare and deliver program documentations, including program activity reports.
6. Help initiate and develop new proposals, and assist the team with fund raising and project design.
7. Responsible for information collection from programs and offices, and preparation of summary or communication materials.
8. Develop and maintain strategic partnership for raising WWF’s profile and influence, including communications and interactions among government agencies, research institutions, companies and other organizations, as well as WWF network.
9. Other tasks allocated by Head of division or department.
• At least Master degree in forest conservation or related.
• At least 3-year work experience in forest conservation，environment and communication or related field. Additional knowledge on forest certification, community development and timber supply chain management is highly valued.
• Excellent command of English and Chinese (written and spoken)
• Understanding Forest conservation issues in both China and abroad.
• Good communication skills.
• Adaptive to frequent field travel.
• Excellent inter-personal and team work skills, including ability to communicate internally, be open-minded, think strategically, self-motivate, innovate, and meet deadlines.
• Dynamic, creative, proactive, credible, accountable and outgoing personality and commitment to nature conservation
Under the supervision of the project leader, the Program Officer will develop and manage the forest program especially work on sustainable tree plantations under WWF China.
Program officer needs to act as the supervisor of dedicated program implementation partners to develop and maintain good conservation, and provide technical support assistance and updated information about related concepts, technologies and trends to the Forest program.
Furthermore Program officer will closely communicate with other organizations, companies and the government if requested, and act as an alternative contact person between WWF and the Chinese government and other organizations on related issues.
• Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to email@example.com
• Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.