Program Manager, Ivory High Impact Initiative
LOCATION: Beijing, China
REPORTS TO: Director, Global Coordination, Ivory High Impact Initiative
1.Coordinate and manage a fundraisingpipeline under the High Impact Initiative:
• Act as focal point in the WWF Network for the fundraising elements ofthe Initiative
• In conjunction with the Director, mobilize the capacity ofparticipating WWF Network Offices for the Initiative
• Support growth and management of major funders both within thenetwork and external donors.
• Work with Communications staff to ensure external communicationssupports the funding needs of the Initiative.
• Coordinate across the network on key major donor, global corporatepartnerships and relevant public sector partnerships.
• Report back to the HII Advisory Group on the fundraising elements ofthe Initiative
• Lead and manage tracking of the Fundraising Pipeline, and fundingdistribution.
• Prepare or ensure reports to donors based on network procedures andcontractual obligations
• Ensure a high-quality standard for reports and proposals (of alltypes) to the donors and provide regular updates highlighting activities underthe Initiative
2. Ensure the quality and impact ofthe funds raised to deliver the High Impact Initiative:
• Develop and implement fundraising strategy and packages to cover theneeds of the Initiative
• Ensure technical quality and alignment to strategy for proposalsdeveloped under the Initiative
• Support identification and prioritization of funding needs for theInitiative
• Help identify new funding opportunities
• Prepare high quality project proposals, including for public sectorpartnerships, with future project managers.
• Act as Initiative gatekeeper for proposal submission and provideregular updates to relevant colleagues
• Ensure consistency to donor commitments, by directly managing orsupporting management of projects, the high quality, and timely implementationof projects funded under the Initiative.
3. To provide the network, donorsand supporters relevant monitoring and evaluation information and progress updateson the High Impact Initiative:
• Extract relevant HII monitoring and reporting information, andproduce in formats suitable for various donor and supporter audiences
• Ensure the preparation of High Impact Initiative bi-annual InitiativeReport and other internal and external reports required to demonstrate theprogress and impact of the Initiative
• In addition, the Manager will be expected to represent the Initiativeinternally and externally at the request of the HII Leader, particularly withregard to fundraising, and will need to perform various duties as part of thecore team of the Initiative as requested.
• A University Degree with related academic and professional backgroundin the field related to nature conservation, biological/social sciences, and/orproject planning and management
• At least 5 years of working experience, preferably in natureconservation project implementation and management
• Proven experience and success in fundraising for conservationprojects
• Sound experience in the development and implementation of Monitoringand Evaluation Schemes and familiarity with WWF approaches
• Good interpersonal and management skills, versatile and able to workin a team as well as independently
• Experience in project design and financial management skills
• Competent in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint; able to useappropriate technology for presentation to partners, stakeholders and potentialdonors
• Excellent command of English and Mandarin(written and oral).
The WWF Network Executive Team has approved aHigh Impact Initiative to Close Asia’s Ivory Markets, as part of the Wildlifeand Markets Practices. The objective of the Initiative is to ensure that, by2022, China and related ivory markets are closed, effective enforcement andimplementation is in place, demand for ivory among Chinese consumers issignificantly reduced, and there is a positive catalytic impact for closure ofivory markets across Asia. The Initiative will be led by WWF China on behalf ofthe Practices and the WWF Network.
The purpose of this job is to develop andimplement a resourcing plan for the implementation of WWF’s High ImpactInitiative Closing Asia’s Ivory Markets, and provide other coordination andsupport as needed.
CONTACT: Please send your resume and a cover letter (in both Chinese and English)to: email@example.com. Please indicate the applyingposition in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.