Senior Program Officer, Markets
Reports to: Program Manager, Markets
This position will be supporting a range of project management and implementation tasks with a focus on food topic especially in soft commodities and other relevant area.
• Implement ongoing projects primarily in food area such as palmoil, soy, meat, seafood, etc.
• Works with project personnel, grantees, consultants, and others to facilitate coordination, communication, and regular reporting.
• Lead in facilitation of WWF partner offices and other players.
• Develop and analyzes project operating plans and grant budgets.
• Ensure that all projects are deliveredon-time, within scope and within budget.
• Build and maintain partnership with key government agencies and think tanks in China who are influential in the preparation of the project.
• Support in opportunity exploration proposal development for new potential projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor or above.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience, working experience in food and market relevant to corporate engagement, etc...
• Good coordination, project management and communication skills.
• Good communication skills (spoken,reading and written in English and Chinese).
•High level of competence in project management, partnership development, attention to details and adherence to deadlines.
• Self-motivated, output-oriented to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellent ability to work cross-culturally and inter-personal skills
• Good team work spirit, open minded and have strategic thinking
• Report to the Program Manager, Markets of WWF China and work closely with the rest of the Markets team in WWF China.
• Regular interaction with key staff in other team of WWF China, including but not limited to forest, governance, finance, communication and administration, as well as the global markets and food teams in the network.
• Regular inter actions with project partners, government officials, other NGOs, local communities,donors, etc.
WWF has been working hard to create a harmonious co-prosperity between human beings and nature. And has cultivated for many years in the sustainable supply chain of agricultural commodities such as soybeans, palm oil, beef, and aquaculture. While at the same time, under the broader dimension of market transformation area, we are promoting abroader green transformation of supply chains and more efficient use of resources in the food and other areas. Our areas of work have expanded to regional agricultural products and aquatic products, food waste and idle resource utilization, and other fields. We aimed at promoting the organic docking of sustainable production and sustainable consumption in the Chinese market and helping China achieve the goal of creating a modern society where people and nature coexist in harmony.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the cover letter.