Senior Program Officer, Markets
Reports to: Senior Program Manager, Markets
• Lead the engagement of cities and provinces for plastic pollution project with support of related line manager.
• Support line manager for successful implementation and development of the project, especially engaging stakeholders that are critical for debris management in cities and countryside.
• Help the project development on strategic partners and donors network.
• Taking relative responsibility for project, activities and subordinate staff inmulti-stakeholders engagement in sustainable consumption to implement strategy of Markets Practice.
• Ensure good management and implementation projects.
• Support the division head or line manager to develop and implement related projects or project activities.
• Other duties as requested by Manager.
• Master or relevant degree in related area is preferred.
• Atlest 5 years work experiences
• Excellent communicator, strong work ethic, the ability to work independently as well asin a team environment.
• Detail-focused, enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated.
• Strong professional presentation skills and good problem solving abilities.
• Computer experience in Microsoft Office.
• Good communication skills, communicate effectively and efficiently.
• Proficiency in Mandarin and English.
• Adaptive to frequent field travel.
• Dynamic, creative, proactive, credible, accountable and outgoing personality and commitment to nature conservation.
This is for reduction of plastic pollution to oceans from China under WWF China Priority Project – Sustainable Consumption. The Senior Program Officer needs to closely work with the team members of the Priority Project internally and approach external partners and targeted stakeholders. Furthermore the Senior Program Officer will closely contact with donors/funding agencies, government officials, research institutions and universities. And the program officer needs to frequently contact with other agencies and offices in WWF network for projects of plastic pollution reduction and other projects associated with city engagement for sustainable consumption as well as media agencies.
• Candidates should send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV in English and Chinese as email attachments to HR@wwfchina.org.
• Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and please indicate your salary expectation within the coverletter.